Monday, October 1, 2012

Day Eight, 01/10

First week of the holidays is now gone! Only 7 more days until we go back. ehhhh

I love making lists.. i know it's weird. But because i do it i am more organised and its the best feeling when you finish something and you cross it off.

So I decided to do a bit of a test with Scene 4, Shot 1abc. This is when Edgar opens the door and we see the outside/city. Darren had helped me before the holidays to get an idea of what it would look like. I had a few problems with animating the door because i had made it too thick. The wall is also too thick and when i was rotating the door to open it would go through each other.

So what i did was cut the door in half vertically and deleted the side we don't see. I then moved the door back so that it was on the edge of the wall and not in the center. Don't worry i made a copy of the full door for the shot after, this is when we see the outside of Edgar's love shack.

I also tried to change the angle of the camera when the door is opened but then I realised that the outside/city shot didn't match up. This is just a super simple test to make sure it looks good.

I continued on finishing of the two frames i made for the wall and also made two textures for them. One is a seed design and the other is the forest picture i did for the first newspaper.


I then made the textures for the books on the desk. I had a bit of a problem with the textures as the UV layout for the book split in half were the spine of the book is. I also had to have the writing backwards. It was really annoying. Where the UVs meet up there was also a visible line which looked bad 


I had to copy the texture on one side and put it on the other side so that you couldn't see the line of where it meets. I didn't want to put the effort and the time to do all of these for six books. So i decided to make a copy of the book, delete everything and left the spine of the book. I then did an automatic mapping and the spine then became a whole. Then I made sure which side was the top and saved it. Then i simply moved the spine back over the book and pushed it a bit forward. 


Last things to do list.

3D (modeling & textures)

- Things on wall
* textures for things on wall.

- Books on desk
* textures for books

- combined all objects

- Model writing book
*texture for writing book

- Model open/close/page turn book
*texture for book

(-Master camera set up)

 2D

- Side shot of outside.




No comments:

Post a Comment