Friday, September 7, 2012

learning ZBrush.

Once I finished off the itmes in the room i wanted to start working on the UV's. Jack had said at the starting of when Bounnong wanted to use ZBrush that there is a UV plugin that does the work for you. So on Thursday Bounnong showed me the basics of what i needed to know so i could do some UV work.

I exported the object from Maya as a .obj then imported it into ZBrush. After that I went into the UV Master and flatted the model so that i could get the UV layout. After that was done I exported the file as a .obj and then imported it back into Maya.

This picture shows the ZBrush import which is highlighted and the UVs of that object in the UV Texture Editor. This was just a test to make sure it worked.

On Friday i exported everything that i could UV out of Maya and then imported them into ZBrush. This took some time but i finished them off on Friday. Now i need to import them back into Maya, get a UV snapshot and then print them out so i can paint them with a teabag.

The problem that i had was the equipment I got from Creative Crash. I tried to do UVs on them but it didn't work. So i will need to try again and see what I can do.

SOOOO the only thing that has to be UVed is the Equipment, Drawers, wall and floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment