Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day Four, 27/09.

I was a little lazy today.

I decided that i didn't want to add extra books into the study room, i think i was just tired last night when i thought i wanted more. BUT if anyone would like to give me feedback if the books i have now are okay or if i should add more. Anyway...

I finished off the textures for the equipment, i also fixed up the walls and floor and changed the colour balance so that they look darker then everything else. I will also need to work on the colour balance for the other textures.

I also did a test with adding a light to the scene.

Its a big too dark, but i like the feeling of it. For NEW DOOR last year, Jack had added a shadow effect over the objects in Alice's room. I'm not too sure how he did it but i will find out and test it on the study room.

I also worked on the textures of the drawers.


It's not finished yet but i will get it done in a flash. Because in Maya the keyboard 'G' is my friend. I just have to assign textures for the labels and handles. 

I have work now so maybe after work i will continue to finish off the drawers and maybe start on the books. 
I am aiming to complete:
- All textures for drawers and books.
by tonight/tomorrow morning.

The last of the modelling i need to do is: If i need to add more books around the place and I need to make a book for Edgar to write in and the book that has a page turn and closes. I know that i will have some issues making the last book but i will search around. 

ohh yeah i also have to remember to combined all the objects together as they are all separate from doing the UV layouts..




2 comments:

  1. Looking great Josie! Man, you've worked hard. Well done. Textures looking great. Love the door. I'd go with the notes on the screen shot that mention more books and blueprints. Keep working on the lighting..it's gonna look sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darren!! That helps me a lot! I will continue to add more books in the area and make some blue prints/posters for the walls.

      Delete