Sunday, May 27, 2012

animatic&video block.

Last Wednesday I forgot to blog... sorry, I did a lot of work!
I finished cutting up my storyboards (the ones that have movement) in Photoshop and put my animatic together in After Effects. It took some time as I animated a few of my shots and I wanted to get the timing right. That was the one thing that i had a problem with last year. After i finished off my animatic i had a look for some music. I went on a free music site called 'Incomptech' and found a few songs but I'm not really sold on them yet. For last years animation i knew straight away I wanted a solo violin piece, and I went out and found someone to do it. This animation I'm not too sure if I want someone to do music for me or if I want to find something for free on the web. I'm still working on it.
So the only thing i have to do for my animatic is add the music and the render.

Next I worked on my video block, I had two lots of footage because my shots had changed so I needed to go through both of them with my storyboards and make sure they matched perfectly. There are a few shots that I didn't film because I didn't need much reference for them. I worked and concentrated more on the shots that I knew i would have some problems with. We did multiple takes and i choose the footage that i thought where the best and that captured the emotion i was after.
The only thing i need to do is render my video block and add it to a disc.

After this I then worked on my Comparison sheet. I have put the seed, Edgar and the Tree together so you know when looking how high each are. I have also added a CM (centre meter) side bar. The only thing i have to do for the comparison sheet it to finish off the Tree. I have a basic shape of how i want it to look. The problem is that i haven't really designed the Tree, I know you might think "shouldn't this be the first thing you should design" and i say yeah it is but I have been trying to design it since the start and I'm just having a bit of a problem doing it. I'm still trying I haven't left it and i haven't said "I'll figure it out later" because i know i need to do it now! I think about it every time.

Since i got frustrated with the Tree i went on and finished off my timing in my shot list, i had left the timing till i did my animatic so i could try and keep it together. I then made sure everything in my shot list was right so i could print it.

All of this work took the whole of Wednesday to do, and I am very proud of myself for getting it all done. I am slightly getting better on my time management.      

No comments:

Post a Comment