Friday, March 23, 2012

Week 5 is Now Gone.

It is already end of week 5... time has gone way to fast.
I have been working on my thunbnail tests just to see how it looks and if i don't like it then i'll change it.
Not to long ago i found some magazines and cut out pictures that i thought would help me with referencing for my animation. I have also made template logo sheets that says the title of my animation. So when i do character design and stick pictures that i have found on these template sheets.
I have been working on making the template sheets look old and give them a sepia tone to them.
I put warm water in a tray with a few teabags.
I then scrunched up the paper a bit and placed it in the tray. then took it our to dry.
Next I made some more tea opened up some old teabags and got rid of the inside so i was only left with the skin of the bag.(top of the tray.) I also had a little plastic container which i put the ring of it in the tea and pressed it down on the paper.(on the right of the tray)
I then added the skin of the teabags to the page and i also put some tape too! I used my paint brush and went over the paper again with thw tea to give it a darker effect.
This is what they look like. Just so you know, they are a lot darker when you see them. I had a lot of light in my room.
The next step i did was to get a lighter and burn the corners and make holes in the paper. I had a pot lid to stop the burning and a glass of water just in case.
Then once i finished burning the paper i went back over them in tea, as you can see some of the edges on the paper are still white.
I stuck the pictures to the paper and then I grabbed my ink bottle and nib and wrote about each picture.
I also did some ink splatters over the pictures and paper.
And now they are finished!! I completed four and i still have three more to do. I will do them another time. I really enjoyed making them and it helps me out a lot for referencing in my animation. A lot of the items and background will have a dirty sepia tone to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment