Wednesday, July 18, 2012

scene1, shot1 newspaper.

After getting the email from Jack i started working on my first scene which is the newspapers dissolving between each other.
For my storyboards i had that there are 5 newspapers in total. I was thinking about it and decided to cut it down to 4 and change two of the newspapers.
The original papers were:
1. Last forest removed for more space.
2. Trees cut down, protesters fight back.
3. Mayor signs, last tree cut down.
4. Death of birds increase, soon extinct.
5. Construction continues to grow.

The new papers are:
1. Last forest removed for more space.
2. Death in fire for trees.
3. Death of birds increase, soon extinct.
4. Construction continues to grow.

I changed the papers because i thought it dragged a little and i wanted burning trees in a pile and to have Edgar on his knees next to it.

Today i have been working for hours on this newspaper which is the forest picture. I got my inspiration from this picture:

I used it mostly as a guide for how i want my forest to look. So i started out by:

Outlining where i wanted the trees to be.


 Then using a base colour for the trees and coloured them in.


I then picked a light, middle and dark green for the floor and used the blend tool to mix them together.
I then used the leaf brush and picked a few light colours and placed them all around the back.

I then had a darker green in the background, used a mid green in the midground and then used a lighter green in the foreground.I left small gaps so you can still see a bit of the pink colour from behind.

I added some pinky colours to the foreground, just infront of the trees.
I then put a bit of yellow in the midground and used the yellow and pink for the dropped leaves on the ground.

the background seemed a bit too light so i added a darker green and a bit of a darker pink in the foreground.

Then the finishing touches were getting a few different colours of brown and adding some texture to the trees, i then added some light rays and a few small rocks around.

I checked to see what it will look like on the paper and i like it.

I then made up some story about the trees, and im sorry if i have spelling mistakes!! but this isnt the final piece!! I also know that newspapers are not in colour, so i will need to gray scale the picture, or maybe sepia tone it down.

Thought i might as well put up my colour palette so you can see the colour blends i used.

The newspaper still needs work, but i want to finish off the pictures first then ill write up everything else. 












No comments:

Post a Comment