Tuesday, July 24, 2012

3rd day back.

It is already day three of being back at Uni.
It's really good to be back, i feel more motivated to get work done.
Yesterday we had Jack for the whole day and we mostly worked on our production.
During the holidays i was working on some piled paper, I set up the size and thickness of how i wanted them and made copied of the one. I then realised that i didn't smooth the first piece of paper i made and i didn't add any edge loops. So i decided to start again.

This time i made one piece of paper to my liking and then made copies of it and piled and moved them around to look a little messy. I am going to have a few stacks of paper around Edgar's work area.



I completed the papers and then continued on making a pen for Edgar to use. I made the base of the pen and had a bit of a problem as it looked really flat, i wanted it to be more round. Jack showed me how to not make it flat by selecting the whole edge of the shape and then scale it bigger. 

Jack also showed me how to make the tip of the pen. I tried so many times to make it but failed. it was done by making a circle and cutting off three points so that it made a cresent shape. Then a copy was made and placed a few spaces on top of it. Then the area of the space was filled and the top was made into a point. The spade in the middle of the pen was made by making the shape of it and the projecting the shape onto the object. This made it follow the curve and cut the shape into the pen.

Jack also showed me a few tricks in Photoshop and on how to create a Matte Painting. I learnt how to use the Vanishing point tool and perspective. Also a better way to use the clone stamp tool. 
It was a really productive day however i started to get really sore eyes. Once i got home and started working again on my computer, my eyes started to get more sore and had to stop. So i didnt get anything more done at home as i would have liked. 
I need to take more breaks away from the computer to give my eyes a rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment